This card was made for a colleague of mine, who’s found a new job within our organization.
Sadly, with this job switch she has to leave our department.
I wanted to give her something more than a “thumbs up”, “suitcase”, or “flower” -card.
If you’ve read more of my posts, you know every crafty creation
is an exercise/excuse to try out new techniques.
After browsing the web, I’d found a great inspirational piece
Being a card for a different purpose, I tweaked it by adding;
– Natural twine with washi tape star banners
– Yvonne Creations Christmas Time pack 4 for wallpaper and flooring
– A chair that would also pop up. (Let’s face it: What’s a desk without a chair ?!)
– 3D foam for the laptop, drawers and to secure the banner
– I added mouse to the laptop for a more finished look
– Uni-ball white marker for extra details
* Cardstock is quite obvious so I won’t mention this
For the card front I used;
– Kars Paperpad Vector polka dot paper
– Scalloped die
– Dear Lizzy Thickers Splendid/Magnifique
– Stazon Jet Black
– Bringing Crafts To You Sentiment Embossing folder
* I inked the “negative” on the embossing folder to create this effect
I am so please with the way it turned out, and still fitted in an envelope.
Very sorry for the bad photo quality, Project Lightbox is coming soon!
Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Take care and see you next time!
PS: you can download the template by clicking the image above or by clicking here.